Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fancy Nancy Halloween...or Bust! by Jane O'Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser

Happy Halloween!




Title: Fancy Nancy Halloween...or Bust!
Author: Jane O'Connor
Illustrator: 
Cover- Robin Preiss Glasser
Interior- Carolyn Bracken
Length: Aprox. 22 pages
Publisher: HarperFestival









Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


(I am not surprised that she gave this five pies, she is a Fancy Nancy fan!)

I liked the story because it has fun games and I liked all of the costumes. My favorite part was how she made her costume to look like grapes.

Would you read this book again?

Yes.


Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:


I think the story is cute. Fancy Nancy tells us about different costumes and how anyone can dress up. We also get to see what happens at the Halloween party that she attends.

And at the end of the story the child gets to use the provided stickers to give Fancy Nancy a new costume.

Which is actually a pretty cool idea. The only part that I did not like about this is that it can only be done once. It would have been a lot better if the stickers were reusable or something along that line so they can change costumes when they read the story again.

Also, since I have 2 girls they would fight over who gets to put the stickers on and which ones to actually use.

*We have not given Fancy Nancy a new costume yet.*

But it is a nice addition.

I as a parent really like Fancy Nancy stories because the author uses bigger words and then has Fancy Nancy tell the reader what that word means. So I think that is awesome.

For example in this book: disastrous.


So I would read this story again with my kids. We have had it for a while and I think we read it every Halloween. :)

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3