Thursday, November 7, 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth


Title: Allegiant
(Divergent #3)
Author: Veronica Roth
Length: 544 pages
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books-HarperCollins
Classification: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian
Release Date: October 22, 2013
Source: e-book
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.




***This is part of a series. There will be spoilers of things that happened in the other book(s) so if you haven't read it and don't want to know things that happened, please stop reading now.*** 


Let me start by saying...Yes, I am sad over the ending. But it doesn't make me give this book only a 1 star review.

Allegiant just came out on October 22nd. And it has taken me a little while to work my way through the book. (A little while meaning: I did not start reading it as soon as I got it on my Kindle. I finished re-reading Insurgent first, then started it.) But I did finish reading it on October 23rd. So, it is not like it took me forever to read it. (It just took me forever to write my review)

Allegiant picks off pretty much right where Insurgent ends. Tris along with Christina and Cara are all arrested for their crime of going against what the faction leaders said to do. Tobias/Four is beside his mother.

Click show/hide to view Spoilers
 


I did not read any of the spoiler reviews before I started reading this book. I did look at how many stars people gave it on Amazon. And I was really worried about how much I would like the book since it had so many 1 stars.
But overall I did like the story.

And after reading Veronica Roth's further explanation about why she wrote the ending, really made me feel better. Better in the sense that it did help me understand and accept the ending of the series.


So...if you are like me, read the book, became depressed, and ate chocolate and you haven't read her blog entry about Allegiant, then I highly suggest you do!

Veronica Roth's blog entry can be found here.


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3