Friday, January 17, 2014

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Shatter Me
(Shatter Me #1) Author: Tahereh Mafi
Length: 357 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins
Classification: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian        
Release Date: November 15, 2011
Source: e-book
I have a curseI have a gift
I am a monsterI'm more than human
My touch is lethalMy touch is power
I am their weaponI will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 


I really enjoyed reading this story. It was a slow start for me because of all of the repetition. And even though I re-read books a lot, I don't like a lot of repetition so close together. But I continued reading and I am GLAD I did.

I found this book to be really interesting.

Type of Dystopian. LOVE

Type of Superpower. LOVE

I love superpowers. I love SUPERHEROES! I love X-men.
(I did think of X-men a lot while reading this story.)

(In fact the story that I have been writing is a type of dystopian that has some individuals with superpowers. Seriously, I love X-men. Stan Lee is amazing.)

I read this book rather quickly and there were times when I didn't want to put the book down.

I like Juliette. She is struggling with the power that she does not want. And I liked the flashbacks where we learned more about her and her childhood.

I also really liked Adam. He is one of her love interests.

There is a bit of a love triangle of sorts. Although she isn't really interested in the other guy. At least that is the impression I got...

SPOILERS AHEAD. Click button to view spoilers.
 


I am looking forward to reading the other two books of this series.
Book 2: Unravel Me
Book 3: Ignite Me (Released February 4, 2014)

I am glad that I decided to buy this series.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3