Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Series Challenge- January Report


I did a lot of reading in January. But I did not do a lot of review posts for the books that I read. I am not doing too well with writing them before I move onto the next book. So I am going to have to play catch up and write my reviews and link them to this post afterwards.

So in January towards the series challenge I read:

  1. Blood Red Road by Moira Young At first I had a hard time getting into this book with the way the dialect was written. And I almost gave up, but I decided to push through and see if I would be able to finish it. And I am so glad that I did. Eventually the dialect didn't bother me anymore and I think I got a better understanding of why the author wrote the speech like she did. And the plot of the story really interested me. I had a hard time putting the book down and immediately started reading the second on upon finishing it. (My Review)
  2. Rebel Heart by Moira Young I think I ended up liking book 2 in some ways more than I liked book 1. I like most of the characters. And I found the story interesting. I am VERY interested in reading the final book Raging Star which is coming out later this year. (My Review)
  3. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi I love the Under the Never Sky Trilogy so VERY much! And I was so happy when this one came out. I read it pretty much in two chunks. (Due to having to get some sleep.) And it was a very fast read. I was very invested in all the different characters and the journey that they went through. And the story flowed fast. I couldn't believe how fast I read the story. I was so SAD when it ended. And I wouldn't say that I was disappointed in the way that the series ended, but rather that it had to come to an end. I love Aria, Perry and Roar so much. And it was sad that their story ends. (My Review)
  4. Legend by Marie Lu I LOVED this book. I knew I would end up loving the series and it is now on my favorite series shelf on GoodReads. I loved the characters. I loved the story! (My Review)
  5. Prodigy by Marie Lu I loved this one as much as the first book. I loved the story line and the ending did break my heart. I could not wait to read the next book to find out what happened!
  6. Champion by Marie Lu I am not ashamed to say that I cried and felt so sad when this book ended. Not because I thought the ending was bad, but because the story was over and I wanted more. I wanted more June and Day. And it broke my heart. I told one of my best friends, that it was like I was saying goodbye to a friend. I didn't want the story to end. I loved the entire series, very much. I am so glad that I was able to read it. And the city the author created in Australia, was amazing! I found it so interesting!
  7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi I did write up a review for this one. I gave it 4.5/5 stars. Simply because I did find the story interesting. Granted like many others have stated in their reviews, the metaphors are a bit much. The strike throughs didn't really bother me. And I did find it to be a bit repetitive. But overall I enjoyed the story and I am interested in reading the rest of the series. (My Review)


I know that this update is after January and I know that I didn't even sign up for this challenge before today, but I hope that these will still count since I did read all of them in 2014.

I am looking forward to finishing up writing the reviews for all these books and to keep reading the sequels to the books that did not already end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3