Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.

I have decided to participate in a new feature/meme. Top Ten Tuesday was a very popular recommendation that I found through the Love-A-Thon, so I thought I would start participating in it. 

February 18: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader

Reader:

1. I can be transported to a different place and time. I love how when I read a book, I can feel like I am transported there. There are times where the surroundings that I read in the book come so clearly in my mind. I can even picture the characters clearly. It is amazing being able to see things from another perspective. How else would I travel to Hogwarts? I wouldn't be able to go into the Still Blue. I wouldn't meet zombies like R. I wouldn't have been able to travel through space to find a sweet girl that is trapped in a satellite, or battle Lunars. I think you get my point...

2. The characters are like friends and family. I don't know about anyone else, but I can become pretty ATTACHED to characters. When series end and there are characters that I have to say goodbye to, I sometimes cry. And I get this hollow feeling in my chest. But lucky for me, I can visit them whenever I want to, simply by re-reading the book. But I love how characters can feel so real and important. 

3. I love, love, love, sharing my LOVE of books. I own so many bookshelves (and if my house were bigger I would own probably at least 10 more) full of books. I love being able to share this passion with my kids. My 7 year old (Cutie Pie) is excelling at reading at her school (at least that is what her teacher keeps telling me) and I think it is because I am teaching her here at home to love to read. And that is important for her future. I got my love of books from my mom and I will FOREVER be grateful to her for that. So I just want to keep the tradition alive and hope that my girls get this from me.

4. I need to read to live. I don't think I could survive without books. I really hope that nothing happens that creates our reality into a Dystopian, because they don't really have time to read since they are usually fighting for their lives and stuff. I have been reading for as long as I can remember, and I don't think I could picture my life without being able to read. 

5. Reading is also a way that I can de-stress. When I read a book, I tend to forget about any problems or stress that I have going on in my life. I find it as a wonderful way to relax. It help clears my mind.

Blogger:

6. I really like the challenges. Like the Love-A-Thon that Katelyn and Alexa hosted. It was amazing. And I loved how the book blogger community came together and gave each other support, love, and advice. It really raised my spirits and made me feel so happy and loved at the same time. It also helped me feel less alone. And I am hoping to make some online friendships with some fellow bloggers.

7. I get to spread my love of books past just my friends and family. Which I think is pretty cool. I love getting to share my thoughts and ideas about a book. My friends don't read all the books that I read, so I tend to not have anyone to talk to about them. So it is fun to have a place to do that.

8. I like that I am going to be able to grow as a writer. One of the reasons (besides sharing my love of things) that I started this blog was because one of my best friends told me that it could be a good way for me to share my writing. Now, I am not sure when I will do that. I haven't even finished my story from NaNoWriMo 2013 yet. But I am hoping that I will be able to share my short stories, and maybe even longer ones on here when I feel it is time.

9. I love being able to discover new books from other blogs. There are several books that I have added to my TBR list that I might not have found out about if it wasn't for other bloggers that I follow on Twitter and blogs. Which also makes it cool to be able to maybe share books that other bloggers hadn't heard of or read before.

10. I also like blogging on my blog because I am also going to share my love for different TV shows, movies, and games. (I have a lot of interests.)


2 comments:

  1. Books do have an amazing way of transporting us to somewhere completely different-total escapism. I love reading because you go anywhere you want to through books and be anyone you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your comment! I do like that it also lets us be anyone we want to be. :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3