Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Highlights

Well, April went by really fast! And when I started to write this post I thought, "I really didn't read that much this month". But I was wrong. I read more books than I thought I did.


Books Read:

1. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
2. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
3. Dangerous by Shannon Hale
4. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
5. Kitty Hawk and The Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading
6. Panic by Lauren Oliver
7. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
8. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
9. Wind and Shadow by Tori. L. Ridgewood

Challenge Updates:

2014 Series Challenge:

Complete Series = 3

Started 2 new series this month:

The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner and The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo

2014: Dystopia Challenge:

Completed = 13 books


13. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (My Review)

Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • I was asked to review my first two books! (Kitty Hawk and The Curse of the Yukon Gold and Wind and Shadow)
  • I participated in two ARC tours hosted by On The Same Page. It was awesome! I am so glad I was able to participate in these and I am working on my reviews for the books!
  • I won a giveaway for an ARC of Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch!!!! So, so, so, excited! It got here and I just kept looking at the book. Holding it. My little Pooh Bear even hugged it. So I am REALLY looking forward to starting this book (it was killing me that I had so many books to finish first, I wanted to skip everything and dive into this one!) And then I can't wait to share my thoughts about it when I finish with all of you!
  • I have been thinking of some things that I want to do on my blog. And have decided to start creating a new Which One? Poll for each month, and the polls will be open until the last day of month. The results will be posted on that day. I am really excited to be doing this! 
  • I participated in a The Maze Runner read-a-long hosted by Cassi (My Thoughts...Literally!) So much fun! 

Some Personal Highlights

  • Our dryer, washer, and lawn mower all decided to break this month. But my handy-man love, Leif, was able to fix both the dryer and the washer. (His first time for both!) And I am so proud. Now, if we could only figure out how to fix the lawn mower.
  • I FINALLY got to watch the rest of Season 4 of Pretty Little Liars. I am addicted to this show. And now I don't have to worry about spoilers. And I can't wait until it starts airing again in June!

Things I Need to Improve

  • I really need to improve actually writing my reviews. I have a notebook full of notes from books that I read in March and April. And I need to get the reviews written. 

How was your April? Get some more completed on your challenges? Participate in any read-a-longs? Any personal highlights you are proud or excited of? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3