Saturday, April 5, 2014

Ladybug Girl by David Soman and Jacky Davis


Title: Ladybug Girl
Author & Illustrator: David Soman and Jacky Davis
Length: Approx. 40 pages
Publisher: Scholastic (2013)
Classification: Children's Book
Source: Paperback 
When Lulu puts on her ladybug costume, she becomes Ladybug Girl, a superhero who uses her imagination to have adventures right in her own backyard. Her dog, Bingo the basset hound, is always by her side and the two prove that they are not too little to explore nature, build forts, and make their own big fun. 



Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


What is this book about?
Ladybug Girl saving ants, rebuilding a stone wall, and walking across the tree trunk without tripping.

What was your favorite part of the story?
When she tried to throw the ball and it lands at her feet.

Why did you like it?
Because she tried.

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?
Everybody in the whole world.

Do you wish Ladybug Girl was your friend? Why?
Yes, because we could play dress up together. I would be her ladybug twin. 


Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:

I think this is a cute book. I bought it from her Scholastic Book Club a while ago because I know how much she loves ladybugs. We have read this book a few times now. And she loved it so much, I bought two other books from the series.

I feel that this is another good book for encouraging imagination. It also shows being independent. I like that Lulu is able to make her own fun. I think she is an interesting character.
This book also shows a sibling relationship where the older brother doesn't want Lulu tagging along with him because she is "too little". And I like how she is able to discover that she isn't "too little"  to do things. And she even discovers that playing baseball with her brother and his friends doesn't really look like fun after all.
I also like that this book doesn't focus only on the fact that she is a little girl and plays dress-up, but it also focuses on other things that she has fun doing: like saving ants, building a fort, jumping in puddles, etc. Not just stereotypical girly things.

I love how the Ladybug Girl text is red in the book. And I love the illustrations. They perfectly fit this book.

I recommend this book for little kids that like a sense of adventure.

I am glad that we own this book.


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3