Sunday, May 4, 2014

Dooby Dooby Moo by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin


Title: Dooby Dooby Moo
Author: Doreen Cronin
Illustrator: Betsy Lewin
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Classification: Children's Book, Animals, Humor
Release Date: October 2008
Source: Paperback 
Duck and his friends are at it again.This time they're pooling their considerable resources to win a local talent show, because first prize is a TRAMPOLINE.The cows want to sing.The sheep want to sing.The pigs want to...dance.Dance?And Duck? Duck just wants to win that trampoline. But first he has three small problems:1. Farmer Brown2. Farmer Brown3. Farmer Brown





Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


What is this book about?
Them entering the fair competition. The first prize is a trampoline. The second prize is a pack of chalk. And the third prize is a Veggie Chop-O-Matic. 

What was your favorite part of the story?
When they got a trampoline and Farmer Brown was wondering what was going on in the barn.

Why did you like it?
Because I thought he was going to bust in but he didn't. 

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes. They are really funny. 

Who do you think will like this book?
Everybody in the whole wide world.



Cutie Pie's Rating:



My Thoughts:

This is a very cute children's story.

I would primarily recommend Pre-K through 3rd grade for this book. My 3 year old also enjoyed the story and she laughed a lot.

This story focuses on the barnyard animals wanting to win a talent show at the local fair. They practice at night when Farmer Brown thinks they are asleep. Farmer Brown is very suspicious of the animals so he watches them constantly, except for at night when he listens outside of the barn thinking that the sounds he is hearing are the animals snoring. When in actuality, the animals are practicing.

I love the different texts used in the book for the animal sounds. And I really love the illustrations. I think they illustrate the story very well!

One of my favorite things from the book, is when the animals are practicing "singing" the animal noises written really do sound like the song, and you can't help but read them in tune with the song they represent. I think it is adorable and the kids find it to be hilarious.

My daughters love this book, and I highly recommend it for other boys and girls that enjoy funny books about animals. This book did not disappoint.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3