Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day has never been a big huge special day for me. I LOVE my Mom, don't get me wrong, but I don't remember really doing a lot of special things specifically on Mother's Day. I remember making her cards and drawings.

I think we should tell and show our Moms how much we love and care about them as often and as much as we can. (I know there are a lot of people young and older that have already lost their Moms and aren't able to do this, and my heart breaks for you, I simply cannot imagine. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you have wonderful memories to look back on.)

I don't get to see my Mom often. She lives across country, so we get to actually have a visit about once a year. But I talk to her on the phone a lot. (Probably more than she would really want. I usually tend to call her several times a week.) I love our talks, (which is usually me doing most of the talking). We talk about TV shows mostly, since we watch a lot of the same ones. And I usually call to talk her ear off about what Cutie Pie and Pooh Bear have been up to. (Usually destroying my house or fighting with one another.)

I understand why we do have Mother's Day though. It is important for us to recognize the awesomeness of our Moms. They do so much for us. Stuff that I never even thought about until I became a Mom myself! So even though I think everyday should be Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, Sibling's Day or any other people day, having a day specifically marked as a reminder for everything a Mom does is special. Especially with our lives all being so busy and it is easy to take it all for granted.

So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to ALL the wonderful, awesome, spectacular Moms out there! 

I am a 80's/90's kid, and one of my absolute favorite shows to watch was Full House! And every year around Mother's Day, I think about that one episode where Jesse taught the boys to sing "The Mother's Day Song" and it pops into my head. :D


This Mother's Day:

1. I will probably read some fun books with my girls.

2. We will watch Disney's Brave. I think it has a good Mother/Daughter relationship concept in the movie! Plus, my girls love the movie as well.

3. Eat pizza for dinner. (Yum)

4. And I am going to call and talk to my Mom on the phone.

5. Read some of my books while relaxing in my bed.


Lastly, I want to end this with some of my favorite Mom characters from different books and TV shows.
(There are so many TV shows and books that I like that have deceased mothers in them.)

Books:

  1. Lily Potter (Harry Potter)
  2. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
  3. Natalie Prior (Divergent)
  4. Magda Singer (The Selection)

TV shows:

  1. Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls
  2. Amy Matthews (Boy Meets World)
  3. Becky Donaldson-Katsopolis (Full House)
  4. Kitty Forman (That 70's Show)


Who are your favorite Mom characters from TV shows, books, or movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3