Monday, June 30, 2014

June Highlights

Oh my...it is hard for me to believe that June is already ending. Time just keeps moving by so quickly. I am happy with the amount of books I read this month. I knew that the amount of books would be dwindling some due to Cutie Pie being out of school. And summer vacation.


Books Read:

1.  Half Bad by Sally Green (Thanks to On The Same Page ARC tour!)
2. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
3. As You Turn Away by Molli Moran
4. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
5. That Summer by Sarah Dessen
6. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
7. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (reread)
8. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
9. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
10. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Challenge Updates:

2014 GoodReads Challenge:

62 Books Read

2014 Series Challenge:

Complete Series = 6 series

Started this month:

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

Read: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

2014: Dystopia Challenge:

Completed = 17 books

I didn't read any new Dystopia books this month.

2014 Retellings Challenge:

Completed- 3 Books

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

YA Retellings Bucket List:

Current Total: 8 read out of 162 books

2014 Summer Reading Challenge:

Goal: 30 Books
Completed: 24 Books


Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • I won a signed annotated copy of Something Real by Heather Demetrios. I am currently reading it and absolutely LOVING it! I also love all the annotated notes. I love the story and the characters. It is just amazing and awesome. And I am so excited that I won this copy. So much fangirling and flailing coming from me. 

Thank you so VERY much! 

  • I also won some books from Adventures in YA Publishing. Thank you once again everyone that contributed to those giveaways. I am super excited to read these three books! 
  • This month I also requested my first three titles off of NetGalley. I was denied for the first two (which was heartbreaking for me, since they are two that I really want to read.) But I was APPROVED for the third book: Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper! Thank you SO MUCH Little Brown Books for Young Readers for approving me!!! I am really looking forward to reading this one soon and reviewing it! I was so happy when I received my approval email! 
  • I am currently up to 200 followers on Twitter. I am sure it will go back down soon, since I have been fluctuating between 187 and 195 followers this month. But I was pretty excited when I saw that 200 number on my Twitter profile! I appreciate my followers, it gives me a nice heartwarming feeling. 

Things I am Working on:

  • I am still working on publishing some older and newer reviews. As well as writing up some Mini Reviews.
  • I have been falling behind on commenting on other blogs and responding to comments on mine. I hope to find some time to catch up on commenting. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful June! Anything amazing happen in June you want to share? Awesome giveaways? Meet some authors? Maybe something non-bookish happened and it was exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3