Sunday, June 15, 2014

Just Me and My Dad by Mercer Mayer

Title: Just Me and My Dad
Author: Mercer Mayer
Length: 24 pages
Publisher: Western Publishing Company, Inc.
Classification: Children's Book
First Published: 1977
Source: Paperback 
This well-loved Little Critter picture book has become a modern classic. It's the tale of a father-and-son camping trip filled with Little Critter's mistakes and good intentions. In spite of difficulties, however, the happy father and son manage to put up their tent, catch fish for dinner, and sleep beneath the stars. In spite of minimal text, the story is full and rich, with endearing illustrations from start to finish. 





Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


What is this book about?
About a son being with his dad. 

What was your favorite part of the story?
 When the dad read Little Critter a story and when the bear took the fish from Little Critter. 

Why did you like it?
 Because the bear taking the fish was funny. And when the dad read the story it was nice for Little Critter.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?
No.

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes. I really liked the illustration for the bear taking the fish.


Who do you think will like this book?
Everyone. Especially if you like Little Critter. 


Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:

I love Litter Critter books. I remember reading a bunch of these when I was younger, so I enjoyed sharing this one with my daughter.
This is a wonderful story about a child spending time camping with his dad. I love that they do several different things together. And I like how Little Critter tries to do things to help his Dad out, even if it doesn't go the way that he thought it would. And I like that even though things get messed up there is always something else they can do together instead. I think my favorite part is how Little Critter believes that he scared his Dad so he hugs him to make it better, when in actuality it is him that is scared and is being comforted.
And like all Little Critter books, I LOVE the pictures and how well they capture the story.
It is a funny and loving story focusing on a father/child relationship. And I think it is a wonderful book for children to share with fathers. I know my daughters will enjoy sharing this book with their dad.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3