Friday, June 20, 2014

Mini Review: The Collector by Victoria Scott

Title: The Collector (Dante Walker #1)
Author: Victoria Scott
Length: 352 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Classification: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Source: e-book 
Read: May 2014
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of Hell’s best — a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag. Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment: Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days. Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of Hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions long ago buried. 

I bought this book and book number two because they were both on sale and I saw some other bloggers talking about the series on Twitter. So I thought I would give it a try. Then I saw that Jessica at Just a Booklover and Stephanie from Ohana Reads were having a Read-a-thon. So I decided to participate and read the books. 

My Thoughts:
  • I didn't know what to think when I first started this book. Like I wrote earlier, I knew that there were some bloggers that have enjoyed reading this series, so when they went on sale I bought them. I didn't read the synopsis at all, and it was fun going into the book only knowing that the main character was a hot guy. :D
  • Dante's character starts off as this guy that is pretty unlikable. I wasn't sure that I would end up liking him. He seems to only really care about himself and is just an all around jerk. But since he started off this way, I really enjoyed his character development throughout the story. And I was really interested in what he was up to. I especially enjoyed reading from Dante's point of view.
  • Favorite thing: Dante's humor. I found a lot of this story to be funny. 
  • I liked Charlie. Overall she was a likable character. Very sweet and caring. The complete opposite of Dante. 
  •  I also really liked Charlie's friends. They were interesting and likable. 
  • There were a lot of things that surprised me while reading this book and there was something that I did see coming, but it didn't ruin the book for me.
  • The entire book kept me hooked and interested in what was going to happen next. And I left me wanting more, so I was very happy to start the next book. 
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. And I am very glad that I participated in the Read-a-thon!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3