Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday Thoughts #7: Rereads

Thursday Thoughts is a weekly discussion meme hosted by Ashley on her blog Ok, Let's Read.
Join in on the discussion and check out Ashley's blog for the discussion topics and dates.


This weeks topic:
June 19: Rereads - Do you/have you ever reread books/a book? What do you look for when rereading a book? What have you found in the way of changes in your opinions when you reread a book, if any? What books have you reread, if any? Would you ever reread a book that you didn't like the first time around?


I do like to reread books. Especially books that I love. And when they are part of a series that I really like. Especially when new books are coming out in the series, then I like to reread to refresh what has happened so I am ready for the next book. 

I have seen that some people think that rereading is a waste of time because that reading time could be used on reading a new book, but I personally enjoy rereading. But I do see what they mean, since I have so many books that I haven't read yet that I want to read. But I really enjoy rereading favorite series, and I tend to enjoy them just as much as my first time reading them. 

I don't think I really look for anything in particular when I reread a book. If I am rereading on my Kindle, I do like to highlight new quotes that I like, because sometimes the first time around I am so into the story and reading so fast I forget to highlight parts that I like. It is fun to notice things that I missed before. 

I haven't re-read too many books yet, other than Children's Books.  When I read the same Children's Book over and over again within the same day/week, I tend to get a little bit tired of it...but I haven't started hating any of them. I like to have some space between rereading books.
I don't tend to reread my books that way though. 

I have reread so far:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Elite Kiera Cass
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith

Maybe some others, that I can't think of right now. Probably more of the Harry Potter books. 

Do you enjoy rereading books? What books have you reread?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3