Friday, August 1, 2014

July Highlights

July was a busy month for me. I spent most of my time with my family and didn't read as many books as I usually do. I also started some new TV shows and caught up on a couple that I have been behind on. But I have been feeling like I haven't been reading much. 


Books Read:

  1. Something Real by Heather Demetrios
  2. Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
  3. Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
  4. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
  5. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers
  6. My Little Pony: Friends Forever Volume 1 (via NetGalley)
  7. The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
  8. Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (via NetGalley)


Challenge Updates:

2014 GoodReads Challenge:

71 Books Read

2014 Series Challenge:

Complete Series = 8

This month I completed:

The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater (I do plan on reading Sinner soon!)

Started:

His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers

2014: Dystopia Challenge:

Completed = 17 books

I didn't read any new Dystopia books this month.

2014 Retellings Challenge:

Completed- 3 Books

YA Retellings Bucket List:

Current Total: 8 read out of 162 books

2014 Summer Reading Challenge:

Goal: 30 Books
Completed: 31 Books!

I achieved my goal!

Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • I am so excited because I was approved for a couple of requests on NetGalley! Thank you so much to Little Brown Books for Young Readers for approving my request for Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Review will be posted in September) and I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga! I am looking forward to reading it.
  • Also I am ecstatic because I made my first two requests on Edelweiss and was approved for both. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Simon Pulse! I was approved for two books I am VERY ANXIOUS to read: Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld and Compulsion by Martina Boone! I am really looking forward to reading both of these in August!
  • I also registered to join Cuddlebuggery's Little Blogger, Big Ambitions Project. If you don't know about this project, it is amazing. Kat, Steph, and Meg have created this project as a way to help smaller blogs get ARCs. There are requirements, but it is just absolutely amazing. I entered a couple of the LBBA giveaways and won a copy of Great by Sara Benincasa. I am really excited to read it too this month and post my review on it. You definitely should check out this project! Thank you so much for starting this project and for sending me a copy of a book I have been really wanting to read!
Things I Need to Improve

  • As I have already stated earlier, I have been super busy this month. And I hope to catch up on comments on my blog (and commenting on other blogs) after Cutie Pie starts school in a couple of weeks. Once we get back into School routine, things should start to go back to normal. So if I haven't commented back, I am so sorry, and I will hopefully get to reply soon!
In case you don't already know, I do have a giveaway open: Enter to win 1 Kindle E-book copy of Manroot by Anne Steinberg. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather! I can't believe summer is almost over, and it is about time for Cutie Pie to start 2nd grade. Hope you all enjoy the rest of summer! And have a wonderful August!

2 comments:

  1. Happy August reading, I think you did great in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a happy July and August reading as well! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3