Thursday, October 2, 2014

September Highlights

I seriously can't believe that September is already over. The months have been flying by! I feel like I had a good September. A lot of things going on. I had a bit of a slow start at the end of August/beginning of September, due to my Dad visiting. Which was awesome. It was a surprise trip and I am so happy that we got to see him. 
I think I read a lot of good books in September. Several that I REALLY enjoyed!


Books Read:
  1. The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy 
  2. The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy #1) by Sherry Thomas
  3. The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan 
  4. Great by Sara Benincasa 
  5. Day 21 (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan 
  6. Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga 
  7. Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho 
  8. Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander 
  9. Pirates past Noon (Magic Tree House #4) by Mary Pope Osborne
  10. Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennier Albin
  11. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
  12. One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington


Challenge Updates:

2014 GoodReads Challenge:

Goal Reached! My goal for the year was to read 75 books.
Current: 91 books

*I have started to count Children's Chapter Books for my book challenge, since I already met my goal. And I have decided to start reading the Magic Tree House series. (Cutie Pie LOVES these books).

2014 Series Challenge:

Complete Series = 9

This month I completed:

None

Started:

Crewel World by Gennifer Albin

2014: Dystopia Challenge:

Completed = 20 books

Read:
The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan
Day 21 (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan
Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennier Albin


2014 Retellings Challenge:

Completed- 4 Books

Read:
Great by Sara Benincasa: Retelling of The Great Gatsby

YA Retellings Bucket List:

Current Total: 9 read out of 162 books


Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • September marked my first official year of blogging. I started my blog in September of 2013, but I didn't start actively blogging until February 2014. I am still learning the ropes I think, but I am very happy overall, for staying with my blog for a whole year. And I hope that I keep blogging for more years to come. To celebrate I have a GIVEAWAY that is still open. I have also learned that it is termed "Blogoversary" and not "Blogiversary" which is what I have everything labeled as. Well, I will know better for next year.
  • Since September is over, that means that Compulsion by Martina Boone will be releasing soon! And to celebrate I have a giveaway for some Swag. So make sure to check it out and enter. 
How was your September? What was your favorite read for the month? Happy October Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I felt September flew by too!
    You had a great month for books though... some cool titles there.
    Happy October reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3