Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #31: Ten Movies That I Watch To Get Into The Halloween Spirit


Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


October 28st: Top Ten Books/Movies To Read or Watch to Get Into The Halloween Spirit

So I haven't really read any books (that aren't children books) to get into the Halloween Spirit yet. I don't really do scary movies, and I tend to watch TV shows more than I do movies. (In case you would like to know some of my favorite Halloween TV show episodes check out Brittany's blog @The Book Addict's Guide because I recently shared my favorites for Fortnight of Fright!) Here is my list of ten movies that I like that are great for getting into the Halloween spirit.

1. Hocus Pocus

(source)
2. Casper
(source)
3. Tower of Terror
(source)
4. Halloweentown
(source)
5. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble
(source)
6. Beetlejuice
7. The Corpse Bride
8. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
9. Ghostbusters
(source)
10. Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie
(source)

A lot of my Halloween movies are ones that I watched growing up, or movies that I watch with my kids. But I think they are all fun to watch at Halloween.
What are some of your favorite Halloween movies?

12 comments:

  1. I love Beetlejuice. I even bought it on DVD a few weeks ago. Definitely one I think had a great dark comedy vibe to it all. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Beetlejuice. I remember being a bit afraid of the movie when I was little so I definitely agree with it having a great dark comedy vibe to it! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. I used to love watching Beetlejuice. Hocus Pocus is a great movie too. I'll never get bored of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever get tired of Hocus Pocus either. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I will watch Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown forever! They are perfect, even if Halloweentown is bad. I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I haven't watched all of the other Halloweentown movies though. I think I only watched the first one and maybe the second. I tend to love Disney channel movies even if they aren't seen as being that great of movies. I love it too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great choices! Some amazing and classic Halloween movies. I love Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown and Caspar! Those were definitely some favorites as a kid and they still hold up today.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It excites me so much when I find more things that we have in common! Yay for childhood favorites that we still love as adults! :D

      Delete
  5. Great list of movies. I love Hocus Pocus, Ghostbusters, Casper and Beetlejuice.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I remember watching all of them as a kid. My brother and I even had this Ghostbusters toy, it projected pictures on the wall. That is the only thing I remember. But we loved that toy and movie! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great list. I totally forgot about Casper for my list, it's such a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree it is a great movie. I loved watching it as a kid and still enjoy it today. Plus I had a huge crush on Devon Sawa as a tween/teen. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3