Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 End of Year Book Survey

2014 End Of Year Book Survey This survey is made and hosted by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner. This is the 5th Annual survey, but it is my first time participating!

And it has been a lot of fun picking my answers for this! Though I think most of them are repetitive!

I can't believe that this is the last day of 2014! This year has gone by so quickly!

I hope all of you had a wonderful year, and I hope that you all have an AMAZING year next year!


reading-stats-2014

Number Of Books You Read: 112 Books

Number of Re-Reads: 4 or 5
Genre You Read The Most From: Looks like Contemporary wins!

best-YA-books-2014

 

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

This one is REALLY HARD! So hard to pick just one book that I really enjoyed reading this year because there have been so many. (A list of more than 10 of my favorites of 2014...though I hadn't read HoF yet.)

I guess for me it is a tie between: Heir of Fire (well the entire Throne of Glass series so far really since I read the first three books this year!) and Snow Like Ashes

I really LOVE both of those reads very much!



2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. I didn't hate the book, and I still enjoyed reading it. But I was very excited about it and just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to. 


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 

Anna and the French Kiss. I was surprised by this book because I thought I would love it more since so many bloggers I follow love this book. I really liked it and enjoyed reading it. But I didn't LOVE it. And in fact it is my least favorite of the three books...


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

I think that I have really been pushing people to read The Lunar Chronicles books. I let one of my BFFs borrow Cinder, but I don't think she has finished reading it yet (she doesn't read much). And I also let someone else borrow it before that. Plus I talked my other BFF into buying the first three books. LOVE that series so much!


 5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?

 Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas! I LOVE this series so much. I readThrone of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire this year!

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?

I discovered a TON of new awesome authors! It is too hard to pick just one. 

Sarah J. Maas, Sara Raasch, Martina Boone, Lynne Matson (to name a few...)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. I don't usually read very many thrillers. But I LOVED the Jasper Dent trilogy! 


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

 There were a lot of books that I found hard to put down this year. Again: Heir of Fire and Snow Like Ashes.

 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Cress! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Lunar Chronicles books! So I definitely plan to re-read all of them next year to prepare for WINTER!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
 The Winner's Curse.  I am just in LOVE with that cover. Though there are a lot of other covers I really loved this year too! (HERE are some that I love from this year!)

11. Most memorable character of 2014?

Meira and Celaena. They are awesome!

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I really found this book to be beautifully written and I am really looking forward to reading the other two to be prepared for the 2015 release of book #4!

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This book really made me think about life and family and love. 


 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas! Seriously I can't really believe I didn't know about that series until this year!

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?

Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake” 
Someday we will be more than words in the dark.” 
-Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.

Shortest: One of the many Children's Books that I read this year. 
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (725 pages)

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)

I think Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. I was pretty surprised by a couple of things in that book!


18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

Celaena & Chaol. 


19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Barrie and Mark from Compulsion by Martina Boone


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Cress by Marissa Meyer! I LOVE The Lunar Chronicles series. I read Cinder and Scarlet in 2013. And I was beyond excited when I got my copy of Cress! I started reading it the second it downloaded to my Kindle. Love the story and the characters!


21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Throne of Glass. So I had bought the e-book when it was on sale at some point, but I didn't read it. Then I saw one of Alexa's twitter posts about reading and loving this series. So, I decided that I need to just go ahead and read it. And. I. Am. Glad. I. Did. 

If you haven't read this book....DO IT!!!!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?

 This one is hard too. I am having a hard time choosing between Theron from Snow Like Ashes and Chaol from Throne of Glass. I "met" them both this year and just love them!

23. Best 2014 debut you read?

Snow Like Ashes. Seriously. I love this book!


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

For me, it is a tie between Heir of Fire Snow Like Ashes, and Cress. I think they are all very detailed with a lot of AMAZING worldbuilding! It was definitely easy for me to picture things while reading these three!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes. I really enjoyed reading this book. (I read it all in one sitting!) And it definitely made me smile a lot. 


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This one made me cry so much.


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Something Real by Heather Demetrios. I LOVE this book. And I think more people need to read it! 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Heir of Fire. I don't know how to survive until the next book. I. Need. More.


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?

I really enjoyed reading One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington.


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Champion by Marie Lu (In a good way.) This book made me happy, mad, and sad. And all kinds of feelings!

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

There are so many! I started blogging late in 2013, but it was more like I created my blog and posted a few times. Then I participated in the blogger #Love-A-Thon challenge. Which got me to start actively blogging. So I discovered a BUNCH of awesome book blogs this year. I can't pick just one. (There is a list of some of my favorites on my sidebar.)


2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

Hmmm....I don't know. I enjoyed writing most of them. 


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

I don't know for this one either. 


4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I went to an author signing in Pennsylvania over the summer and it was awesome. It was for Maggie Stiefvater (Sinner tour). And I had a lot of fun getting a bunch of my books signed. Shiver was one of the books that helped get me back into reading many years ago. And another reason I enjoyed this event so much was because I got to meet Cassi from My Thoughts Literally in person. Which was great! 


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

Hmmm....there have been a lot. 


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Most popular post was my Let's Celebrate: Time for The Holidays & My Birthday! post with a giveaway.


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I'm not sure...


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

I am glad that I discovered www.bookoutlet.com I have found some good deals from there this year. 


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I didn't do too good of a job keeping up with the challenges that I was "participating in" this year. But I did achieve and pass my 2014 GOODREADS BOOK CHALLENGE of reading 75 books! (Yay!)

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?

There have been a lot of books that I wanted to read this year but just didn't get the chance to. But I think my #1 book is Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I. Can't. Wait. For. This. Book!


3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Red Queen. I seriously cannot wait for that book either!


 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

Winter by Marissa Meyer! Seriously, I am a bit sad that the series will be coming to an end, but at the same time I am SO ANXIOUS to read it!


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

Do better at scheduling posts. I would love to write more posts in advance so I don't stress out about posting as much.


6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I was really happy to read my first Holly Black book this year. I got an ARC of The Darkest Part of the Forest from the NOVL newsletter. And I really enjoyed reading the book. 



Goodbye 2014! It has been a good year.
And hopefully 2015 will be even better!
Happy New Year everyone! And Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I've got Dark Triumph waiting for me and now I that I know that there are a few surprises I kind of want to hurry to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope that you will find them to be surprises too. I really enjoyed Dark Triumph. I hope you enjoy (and love it) as much as I do!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3