Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015 Highlights


I say this every month, but: WOW! February flew by quick! Maybe it was because I was pretty busy this month, but it just seems like it went by faster than usual. I wish time would slow down a little bit, I am pretty behind on quite a bit. But it was a pretty fun month!
Books Read:

  1. Winterspell by Claire Legrand
  2. Kissing Ted Callahan (And Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
  3. If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
  4. Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
  5. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
  6. Seeker (Seeker #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton
  7. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
  8. Liars, Inc.  by Paula Stokes
  9. When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling
  10. My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp
  11. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
  12. Partials (The Partials Sequence #1) by Dan Wells
Challenge Updates:


2015 GoodReads Challenge:


Goal:125 Books
Current: 25 Books Read!


2015 #365DaysofYA Challenge:

Read This Month:

Winterspell by Claire Legrand
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Seeker (Seeker #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
Liars, Inc.  by Paula Stokes
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

2015 Debut Author Challenge:


4/12 Books

Read This Month:

Seeker (Seeker #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton
When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling
My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp


2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge:

4/25 Books

Read This Month:

If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Partials (The Partials Sequence #1) by Dan Wells

2015 Fairytale Challenge:

2/15 Books

Read This Month:

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

2015 NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge:

5/25 Books

Read This Month:

Seeker (Seeker #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton
When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling
My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp

2015 Flights of Fantasy:

2/15

Read This Month:

Winterspell by Claire Legrand

2015 Reread Challenge:


0/20

Read This Month:

2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge:

0/50 Points

Read This Month:

Book Blogger Organization Challenge:

I didn't do as much as I wanted this month.
I continued to add search descriptions to my book reviews.
I updated my Blog Roll to a page.
February was really busy for me, so hopefully I will get more accomplished in March!


Bookish Goal: YA Retellings:

Current Total: 10 read out of 162 books
Read This Month:

Bookish Goal: The Age of YA :

Current Total: 6 read out of 140 books
Read This Month:

Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • I had a lot of fun participating in the 2015 Book Blogger #Love-A-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books! I especially enjoyed doing the mini challenges:

  1. Book Spine Poetry
  2. Book Valentines
  3. One Can Only Quote
  4. Snapshots
  5. High Five
  I also enjoyed the Twitter chats and just spreading the Blogger Love by discovering new blogs           and leaving a ton of comments! And just FYI, I am planning on catching up on replying to                   comments this month and also check out some of the blogs that I missed during the Love-A-               Thon!        
Other Things Happened:

We went to #Pensacon this year. Unfortunately it wasn't as great as I was hoping it would be. But we still had fun. The girls LOVE playing Skylanders, so when we heard that Richard Horvitz (Voice of Kaos) was going to be there, we decided that we would go. So we pre-ordered our tickets and were really excited about going. (Like all month long!) The girls were so excited. Cutie Pie bought a poster with Kaos on it that she wanted to bring and get signed. She colored a picture of Kaos to give to Richard Horvitz, and she kept practicing her "Kaos voice". Then Friday night, I was looking at the list of guests and noticed his name wasn't there anymore. So I checked Cancelled Guests and there he was. So we were so bummed to find out he wasn't coming anymore! The girls were pretty disappointed, but at least they were excited to still go and see what else was there.
Then, I noticed that Dan Wells was going to be there!!! So I became VERY EXCITED. Partials is a book series that I have really been wanting to read, but I kept putting it off since I only had an e-book copy of the first book. But when I found out he was going to be there, I quickly read (and LOVED) Partials so I would be ready to meet Dan Wells. And I was going to buy all the books and get him to sign them all then I would finally HAVE THEM! But UNFORTUNATELY, he wasn't there when I was on Saturday. So, I wasn't able to get my books signed. I still purchased a copy of Fragments (book #2), but I was and still am pretty bummed I didn't get to meet him or get my books signed. 

It was really crowded and I ended up not really getting to meet or see very many other people. Plus, we had to get home so we were only able to stay for a couple hours so we could make the drive back home. 
It was still fun. I hope that we will have better luck next year, if we decide to go again. And sadly, I didn't take any other pictures other than the girls dressed up in their costumes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful February! And Happy Reading for March! 

2 comments:

  1. You had an amazing month for books! A couple I'd like to read!
    Happy March reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, So sorry that you missed Dan Wells at PensaCon. Unfortunately Dan's schedule was a bit off because he was struck down with the flu. He was there for a little bit but his time was short there. If you would like maybe we can get your books signed or something else to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3