Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #12 : An Ember In The Ashes


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Publication Date: April 28, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill



Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.
LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.
ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.
When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

Why Am I Excited For This Book?
I have heard AMAZING things about this book which makes me super excited! But the story sounds completely awesome which is why I was originally interested in reading this one. And I LOVE the cover. Gorgeous! I am really excited to read this one!

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?


4 comments:

  1. I'm also super excited for this book! All the reviews I have seen have said that it's amazing, so I can't wait! Great pick!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzie! I am excited that you are looking forward to this book too! It does sound amazing! :D

      Delete
  2. Woah. I'm gonna have to check this book out. It looks great! Thank you so much!

    ~Lynette @ Escaping Reality - One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I does look great, doesn't it! I am so glad you are going to check it out. I hope you decide to read it and love it. :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3