Friday, April 10, 2015

The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre

Title: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
Author: Ann Aguirre
Length: 336 pages
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Classification: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: April 7, 2015
Source: ARC via Danielle @ Love at First Page (Thanks Danielle!)
Read: March 2015
Sage Czinski is trying really hard to be perfect. If she manages it, people won’t peer beyond the surface, or ask hard questions about her past. She’s learned to substitute causes for relationships, and it’s working just fine… until Shane Cavendish strolls into her math class. He’s a little antisocial, a lot beautiful, and everything she never knew she always wanted.
Shane Cavendish just wants to be left alone to play guitar and work on his music. He’s got heartbreak and loneliness in his rearview mirror, and this new school represents his last chance. He doesn’t expect to be happy; he only wants to graduate and move on. He never counted on a girl like Sage.
But love doesn’t mend all broken things, and sometimes life has to fall apart before it can be put back together again…
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million

***I received an ARC of this book from a fellow blogger. This does not change the way I view this book.***

I really enjoyed reading this one! The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things is my first Ann Aguirre book. (I do have the Razorland trilogy, I should read those soon!) And I am so glad that I was able to read this book. The story was a very quick read for me. I pretty much read it all in one sitting. I stayed up late reading the rest of it, it was hard to put down. I really enjoyed the story and the characters.

I loved the characters in this story. Definitely a character-driven story and full of emotion. 
Sage is a great main character. She has been through a lot and is still working on her issues. She tries to be perfect so others won't find out about her past. She is a very likable/lovable character and I found myself caring about her. And I was heartbroken by everything she has gone through. 
Shane is also a great character. He tries to keep to himself and doesn't want anyone to get too close, so they won't find out what he is hiding. He also has a past that is trying to work through. Plus he plays the guitar! *Swoon*

I also really loved the relationships in this one.  I absolutely loved the relationship between Sage and her aunt. Their relationship really developed throughout the story. I also really liked the romantic relationship. At first I was worried that the relationship would move a bit too fast, more like an unrealistic love at first sight type. But I was so happy to feel that wasn't the case. In fact I really loved the relationship development between Sage and Shane. One of my favorite things about their relationship was how realistic it felt. They had disagreements and even fought, but they communicated! 

Another part of the story I REALLY LOVED was the sticky-note thing that Sage does. It is just so kind and sweet. Such a lovely idea. Little acts of kindness like that can really make a difference in the lives of those around them. I absolutely loved this part of the story. 

My Recommendation:

Read this book! I really enjoyed reading it. The story was emotional and sweet. It has hope and love. The characters are great and I really loved the relationships. 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3