Monday, August 24, 2015

My Summer Vacation is Over

Hello everyone! I am a little bummed that my summer has officially come to an end but I am also looking forward to things getting back to normal.

My summer ended up being SUPER BUSY! Which caused me to really slack on blogging and reading. I am sad that I didn't get much done blogging and reading wise, but I still wouldn't change the wonderful summer with my family that I did have.

Earlier in the summer I shared my 2015 Summer Bucket List, so I thought I would share how I did.


  • Spend a lot of time with my daughters (reading, playing board games, etc.)
  • Spend time with my family
  • Go to the drive in
  • Go to a baseball game
  • Relax by the pool
  • Read some awesome books
  • Read some books from my LONG TBR
  • Have a cookout
  • Go to a water park
  • Have a movie night
  • Go to a museum
  • Have a game night (or multiple game nights)
I didn't do too bad. 

I had fun swimming, eating delicious food, watching things with my family (mostly kid things like Inside Out, Teen Beach Movie 2, and Descendants), and going to fun places. 

I wasn't expecting to fall so behind on things, but on top of spending time with my family, I ended up catching a summer cold! And it SUCKED! I was sick for WEEKS. MISERABLE. And I still am dealing with some of it. At least I am feeling a lot better. 

I didn't really read anything. Which was pretty weird. I have gotten so used to reading several (usually at least 8) books a month. So I have a lot of catching up to do! 

I'm even behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge: 


8 BOOKS BEHIND! Oh well. I am really happy with how most of my summer was spent. (I really could have done without the cold!) 

So now that things are returning to normal I will be posting again and will be back on Twitter and Instagram more. (I feel so disconnected)

I hope you all had WONDERFUL summers! 

What did you do this summer? What books did you read? What was your favorite thing from this summer? Favorite book?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Great job with your list! It looks like you hit the more important, family-oriented items. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3