Friday, December 25, 2015

Top Ten of 2015: Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2016

Top Ten of 2015 is co-hosted by Jaime from Two Chicks On Books, Rachel from Fiktshun, Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, and Nancy from Tales of a Ravenous Reader.

I had so much fun participating last year for the Top Ten of 2014, so I am very excited to be participating again this year!

Friday, December 25th – Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2016. (This list should be comprised of books released ONLY in 2016)

There are SO MANY AWESOME books coming out next year! And it was really hard to pick only 10. I have also included 5 Honorable Mentions and yet I still feel like I have a lot more I am really looking forward to. So I probably forgot some. But here are 15 books I am DEFINITELY looking forward to for 2016!


1. The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater: April 26, 2016
I am excited, SO EXCITED, but SO worried at the same time. I just love the characters so much and I feel like I have been waiting a long time to find out what is going to happen. I'm not sure my heart will be able to handle all the feelings!

2. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas: May 3, 2016
I just read A Court of Thorns and Roses this month and LOVED it. So I can't wait for the next one!

3. Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas: 2016
Queen of Shadows gave me the biggest bookish hangover. I am extremely anxious to find out what is about to happen now.

4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: November 8, 2016
Well, I LOVE Marissa Meyer's writing. The Lunar Chronicles is one of my FAVORITE series, so of course I am going to be excited for all of her future books!

5. Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1)  by Susan Dennard: January 5, 2016
There is a lot of hype around this one, which has made me really anxious for it. Only a couple more weeks! The story sounds awesome and I am really looking forward to getting the chance to read it!


6. A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab: February 23, 2016
I recently checked out A Darker Shade of Magic from the library and LOVED it. It was incredible. So I am SOOOO EXCITED for this one!

7. A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir: August 30, 2016
I absolutely LOVED An Ember in the Ashes. And as soon as I finished I wished I hadn't. I NEEDED more. So I was beyond happy to find out there is a second book. I almost wish it was August already!

8. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: June 7, 2016
I have read two of Victoria (V.E.) Schwab's books this year, Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic and LOVE her writing. So of course I need to read all of her future books. Also, it has music! I love books that have music parts!

9. Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes: May 17, 2016
I LOVE Paula Stokes' writing. I love The Art of Lainey and Liars, Inc. so I can't wait to read Girl Against the Universe. It sounds amazing and I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it!

10. Illusion (The Heirs of Watson Island #3) by Martina Boone: October 25, 2016
I loved reading both Compulsion and Persuasion so of course I am super excited for the next one! Illusion is going to be great.


Honorable Mentions:


I LOVE The Lunar Chronicles VERY MUCH. (Seriously, it is an all time favorite of mine.) So there is no doubt to NEEDING this book in my life.

Riders (Riders #1) by Veronica Rossi: February 16, 2016
I loved Under the Never Sky trilogy. Veronica Rossi is a great writer. I will read anything she writes.

Another AWESOME Paula Stokes book! YES, PLEASE! I NEED this book!

Okay, I need to be honest. I haven't even read Firefight (#2) yet. I kept putting it off and it seemed like it would just be better to wait and read it after I get Calamity. I LOVED Steelheart and I LOVE Brandon Sanderson. So I am really looking forward to this one, then I want to reread Steelheart and then read the other two.

Wolf by Wolf #2 by Ryan Graudin: 2016
I devoured Wolf by Wolf. It was so good. One of my 2015 favorites. Which is why I need book 2 already. I won't hesitate to get it when it comes out. 

Which 2016 releases are you looking forward to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3