Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #74: My Top Ten 2016 Blogging Resolutions


Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


January 5: Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, "I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2016, etc.)


I've decided to share my Top Ten Blogging Resolutions for 2016.

Top Ten Tuesday

1. Stop procrastinating. Especially when it comes to typing up my reviews. I usually write notes and a basic review on paper first. Then I type it up and tend to add more.

2. Learn to DNF (Did Not Finish) more.  I need to learn to DNF when I am reading a book I am not finding interesting. Then I will have more time for books I really like.

3. Make sure to take notes or write down initial thoughts after reading. I usually do this, especially with review books. But I really slacked when it came to other books I read. I need to do a better job of doing this with most (if not all) the books I read. Not just review books. Plus, it makes it so much easier when I type up my reviews.

4. Read more of the books that I already own. I have SO MANY books I haven't read yet, so I want to try and read a bunch of those books this year.

5. Try to schedule Tweetdeck posts. I did this a little last year, but I really slacked off during the summer and then stopped. So I should try and get back to scheduling these posts to share old reviews and posts from my blog.

6. Plan out November ahead of time, so I'll have more time for NaNoWriMo. I did not finish NaNoWriMo for 2014 or 2015. So I want to make sure I have more time and a bit more ready for November this year.

7.  Schedule more blog posts. I have fallen so behind post wise, so I tend to only have a couple scheduled at a time and then post day to day. It would be great to get ahead and have things scheduled so I don't stress so much.

8. Have some back up posts written. It would be good to have some ready to go in case there is a reason (like sickness or something) that prevents me from posting on certain days.

9. Comment more. I really want to visit other blogs and leave more comment love.

10. Stop worrying about the blog so much. This is a hobby. One that I love. But I want to make sure it stays that way. So I need to stop worrying about everything as much as I have been. I had a bit of a blogging slump, and I want to try to keep that from happening again. I want to always love book blogging.

What are your 2016 resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. I have to get more reviews done! And, yes having fun should be remembered. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I really want to keep from getting burnt out. Having fun and sharing book love is what it is all about. Thanks! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Definitely DNF more books, if you keep reading books you don't lie it will start to feel like a chore. Happy 2016!!

    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2016 to you too! I definitely will DNF more or at least try. I definitely don't want reading to ever feel like it is a chore. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3