Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #32: Blackhearts


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman

Publication Date: February 9, 2016
Publisher: Simon Pulse


Blackbeard the pirate was known for striking fear in the hearts of the bravest of sailors. But once he was just a young man who dreamed of leaving his rigid life behind to chase adventure in faraway lands. Nothing could stop him—until he met the one girl who would change everything. This is their story.
Edward "Teach" Drummond, son of one of Bristol's richest merchants, has just returned from a year-long journey on the high seas to find his life in shambles. Betrothed to a girl he doesn’t love and sick of the high society he was born into, Teach dreams only of returning to the vast ocean he’d begun to call home. There's just one problem: convincing his father to let him leave and never come back.
Following her parents' deaths, Anne Barrett is left penniless and soon to be homeless. Though she’s barely worked a day in her life, Anne is forced to take a job as a maid in the home of Master Drummond. Lonely days stretch into weeks, and Anne longs for escape. How will she ever realize her dream of sailing to Curaçao—where her mother was born—when she's stuck in England? 
From the moment Teach and Anne meet, they set the world ablaze. Drawn to each other, they’re trapped by society and their own circumstances. Faced with an impossible choice, they must decide to chase their dreams and go, or follow their hearts and stay. 

Why Am I Excited For This Book?

Pirates!!! This is a Blackbeard origin story! Seriously, this book just sounds awesome. Pirates, adventure, escaping life and following your dreams. Plus a romance that when they meet, "they set the world ablaze". Yes, please. I am very interested to find out what will happen to Teach and Anne.
This book sounds fascinating and I feel like it is going to be very entertaining to read.

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. I also have this on in my TBR and the cover is just so awesome! Hope you enjoy it.

    Paulina @ The Little Book PixieMy WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The cover IS AWESOME! I hope you enjoy it as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I got an ARC of this one and I'm super pumped to read it! I've never heard of a story with this concept so I'm pretty freaking excited for it =D

    (Thanks for visiting my blog, Stephanie!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you love reading it! :D
      Thanks for stopping by, Faith!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun read. I don't read enough pirate books. Hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I don't read enough Pirate books either. I really should try and find some more. Thanks, I hope I enjoy it too.
      Thanks so much for stopping by, Alicia!

      Delete
  4. Oh Yes!! I'm excited over this one too - can't resist priates and it's Blackbeard story! Hope you love it, Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Pirates! Thank you, I hope you love it too!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3