Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mini Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Title: Fairest 
(The Lunar Chronicles # 3.5)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Length: 222 pages
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Classification: Young Adult, Fairy Tale Retelling, Science Fiction
Release Date: January 27, 2015
Source: Hardback
Read: December 2015
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million || Book Depository


Fairest was a VERY QUICK read. I would have finished it all in one sitting if I wouldn't have had other things I needed to get done! I enjoyed reading Fairest. I wouldn't say it is my favorite of the series, but, it did keep my attention and I found it to be informative. 

I really liked getting to see more of the background of the characters. I know while reading the other three books, I often wondered why Levana is so evil. This story definitely gave insight and answered that question for me. I found it fascinating to see a glimpse of Levana in a different light and feel bad for her. (Though it was a very fleeting moment!) I felt so sorry and sad for the childhood she experienced and all she had gone through. I am glad I was able to find out that background story to know why Levana became the person she is. 

My favorite part about this story are the small glimpses we get of the other characters. 

My Recommendation:

I am really glad I read Fairest. I liked learning more about Luna and the background events that help make Levana into the evil woman she is. I definitely recommend giving this one a read if you love The Lunar Chronicles and/or are curious about what happened in the past. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3