Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins

My Bookish Itinerary Children's Book Review
Title: Mother Bruce
Author: Ryan T. Higgins
Length: 44 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: November 24, 2015
Source: Library Book
Bruce the bear likes to keep to himself. That, and eat eggs. But when his hard-boiled goose eggs turn out to be real, live goslings, he starts to lose his appetite. And even worse, the goslings are convinced he's their mother. Bruce tries to get the geese to go south, but he can't seem to rid himself of his new companions. What's a bear to do?


Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: "This story is hilarious and entertaining!"

Cutie Pie #2:"Awww...I wish there was more! I wonder what happens next!"

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about instead of Mother Goose, the babies think their mother is a bear.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about the geese following the bear. 

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: Probably when I saw the "stubborn teenage geese".

Cutie Pie #2: I like the part where they said "Mama". 

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: It was really funny!

Cutie Pie #2: Because they were following him and it was funny!

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, it was all good.

Cutie Pie #2: No. 

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: I liked the pictures. They illustrate the story really well.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. 

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Pretty much anybody! The story is really funny. 

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody! 


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2


I LOVED reading this book with my girls! It is a fun story to read and they both loved it. This story is about a grumpy bear who loves eggs. He likes to look up new recipes and then cook them. After gathering his ingredients for one of the recipes, he starts to cook up his latest meal. When the grumpy bear returns with the last thing he needed, he finds a surprise. The eggs he was going to boil are now hatched. The goslings think he is their mother and now he is stuck with them.

Mother Bruce is cute, funny and entertaining. This story put a smile on my face and made me chuckle while reading. The story is great. The jokes are funny. The illustrations are awesome and work so well with the story. I loved everything about this book.

I think Mother Bruce is a must-read children's book! We look forward to see what Ryan T. Higgins writes next!


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3