Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Pigeon Needs a Bath! by Mo Willems

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review


Title: The Pigeon Needs a Bath!(Pigeon)

Author & Illustrator: Mo Willems
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: April 1, 2014
Source: Library Book
The Pigeon really needs a bath! Except, the Pigeon's not so sure about that. Besides, he took a bath last month! Maybe. It's going to take some serious convincing to try and get the Pigeon to take the plunge.




Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think it is a great book.

Cutie Pie #2: It was really funny!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It was about a pigeon that really needs to take a bath. 

Cutie Pie #2: He has to take a bath. 

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: The ending.

Cutie Pie #2: When he got so dirty.

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it is funny.

Cutie Pie #2: Because he needed to take a bath.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I liked it all.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: I think they are all good.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked all all of them.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone.

Cutie Pie #2: ME!


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2


This was my first Pigeon book. Cutie Pie said she has read others at school and that she really likes them. Which made me excited for us to read this one together. The Pigeon Needs a Bath is a really cute and fun story. I had a lot of fun reading it to the girls and they laughed a lot. I am really glad we read it and will definitely look for more from Mo Willems.
I think this is a great story to read with younger kids. We really enjoyed the story and the pictures.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3