Sunday, October 16, 2016

Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book!) by Julie Falatko & Illustrated by Tim Miller

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review

Title: Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book!)

Author: Julie Falatko
Illustrator: Tim Miller
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: February 2, 2016
Source: Library Book
Snappsy the alligator is trying to go about his very ordinary day when a pesky narrator steps in to spice up the story with slanderous claims. Is Snappsy making crafty plans? Is he prowling for defenseless birds and soft, fuzzy bunnies? Is Snappsy a big, mean alligator who’s obsessed with snack foods that start with the letter P? It’s no wonder Snappsy won't invite the narrator to his party! 
Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book) is an irreverent look at storytelling, friendship, and creative differences from a pair of rising stars in the picture book world.




Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: This was a really funny book.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked it!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about an alligator and a narrator. The narrator is telling the alligator's story and the alligator gets mad at the narrator.

Cutie Pie #2: It was about an alligator. 

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: When he says that he doesn't just eat things that start with the letter p.

Cutie Pie #2: Him saying that the narrator could come in. It was the funniest part.

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because  it is funny. I thought what he says to the narrator is hilarious.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it was a chicken.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I liked it all.

Cutie Pie #2: No, I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are really good. I love that Snappsy is holding up the same book that we are reading. It is really cool.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. I liked all the pictures.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone. 

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody. 


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2



Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book!) is a very fun story to read. I think I enjoyed reading it aloud as much as my girls enjoyed listening to the story. This book is about an alligator, living his life, and a narrator telling us what the alligator is doing. Part of the reason this story is so hilarious is due to the fact that the alligator is also talking to the reader. Telling us what is really going on, and arguing with the narrator. This story is funny and very entertaining. We enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend checking it out!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3