Sunday, November 6, 2016

Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! by Mo Willems

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review


Title: Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late

Author & Illustrator: Mo Willems
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: February 28, 2006
Source: Library Book



Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It is funny.

Cutie Pie #2: I LOVED it!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a Pigeon that doesn't want to go to sleep.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about the Pigeon wanting to stay up late.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: When the Pigeon was cheering.

Cutie Pie #2: When he says "You can't say "No" to a bunny, can you?"

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it is really funny.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it is funny.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I liked it all.

Cutie Pie #2: No, I liked all of it. That is why I said I loved it!

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, the illustrations are really good.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. I love the pictures.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Little kids. 

Cutie Pie #2: Everyone. Especially little kids.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2



We really enjoyed reading The Pigeon Needs A Bath!so, we were very excited to check out Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! from the library. I love how the Pigeon uses all of the usual tricks to try and get out of going to bed. So it is fun to hear the kids telling the Pigeon "No" because they need to not let the Pigeon stay up. This is a funny and entertaining story that kept the girls engaged and laughing. If you haven't read any of the Pigeon books, I highly recommend that you do. They are a big hit in our house!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3