Monday, January 30, 2017

The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

Book Review on My Bookish Itinerary


Title: The Start of Me and You

Author: Emery Lord
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Classification: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: March 31, 2015
Source: e-book
Read: 2016 
Following her pitch-perfect debut Open Road Summer, Emery Lord pens another gorgeous story of best friends, new love, & second chances.
Brimming with heartfelt relationships and authentic high-school dynamics The Start of Me and You proves that it’s never too late for second chances.
It’s been a year since it happened—when Paige Hancock’s first boyfriend died in an accident. After shutting out the world for two years, Paige is finally ready for a second chance at high school . . . and she has a plan. First: Get her old crush, Ryan Chase, to date her—the perfect way to convince everyone she’s back to normal. Next: Join a club—simple, it’s high school after all. But when Ryan’s sweet, nerdy cousin, Max, moves to town and recruits Paige for the Quiz Bowl team (of all things!) her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Will Paige be able to face her fears and finally open herself up to the life she was meant to live?
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million || Book Depository

In 2015, I read and LOVED Open Road Summer so I knew I needed The Start of Me and You in my life. But I ended up waiting until the end of 2016 to read it. I wish I would have read it sooner because I ABSOLUTELY LOVED reading The Start of Me and You!!!! Seriously, I loved everything about this book. Emery Lord is an awesome writer and I think she writes some of the most amazing friendships! This is definitely going to be a book I will be rereading again and again. 

I could not put this story down, I was so enchanted by the writing and the characters. I read it in one day. The story is very entertaining. I found this story to be funny as well. The Start of Me and You is well written and it is very easy to get completely wrapped up in reading it!

My favorite things about this book are the relationships. They are the best!

The friendship in this book is spectacular and so realistic. I love how close these girls are to each other. And how wonderful they are together. It is the friendship that warms your heart and makes you wish you were apart of this group of friends. 

I really enjoyed how much Paige's family is a part of this story. It is so wonderful to see such a balance between friendship, family, romance, and personal growth! 

The romance in this story is just SO CUTE! Seriously, it is simply adorable. I love the interactions so much! One of the cutest romances ever. 

My Recommendation:

The Start of Me and You is easily one of my favorite reads. It is an heartwarming story that deals with loss, grief, moving on, living, and love. This story has wonderful relationships that make my heart happy. This story made me laugh, smile, cheer, and cry. It is moving, hopeful, and very entertaining. I couldn't put it down. Emery Lord has easily become one of my favorite writers and a must-buy author for me. I can't wait to read everything else she writes! I highly recommend reading The Start of Me and You!

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3