Sunday, January 29, 2017

Piglet and Mama by Margaret Wild and Illustrated by Stephen Michael King

My Bookish Itinerary: Cutie Pies Shelf Children's Book Reviews


Title: Piglet and Mama

Author: Margaret Wild
Illustrator: Stephen Michael King
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: Abrams Books for Young Readers
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: April 1, 2005
Source: Library Book
In the tradition of the children's classic "Are You My Mother? ", a heart warming story by a breakout team Speaking to every child who has ever been lost, this warmly illustrated book is perfect for bedtime and story hour. Poor Piglet has lost her mama! All the other mother animals offer help, the duck with a cuddle, the sheep with a daisy chain, the dog with a roll in the mud, but nothing will do for Piglet but to find her mama. OIIIIIINK! she cries finally in despair, and OIIIIIINK! There you are! cries her mama. Reunited, they cuddle, make a daisy chain, roll in the mud, all the things the other mothers offered, but now, with her mama, Piglet laughs and joins in. 




Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It is a very nice story.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked it.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1:It is about a piglet who can not find her mom.

Cutie Pie #2: Pigs.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: When Piglet found her Mama.

Cutie Pie #2: When the horses danced in the daffodils.

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it was very nice, caring, and happy.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it looked beautiful.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: Loved it all.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, the illustrations are very nice.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes, I liked all of them.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Little kids and maybe some adults.

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2

We picked this one out at the library mostly because of the cover and the title. It looks and sounds like a really cute and adorable story. I am really glad we read it because Piglet and Mama is a pretty cute story.
 In this book, Piglet cannot find Mama, so she searches the farmyard for her. She sees a lot of other farmyard animals, they tell her that Mama isn't here and try to comfort her. But Piglet only wants to find Mama. I love that it reminds me of Are You My Mother.  I think one of my favorite things about this book are the illustrations. They are lovely and fantastic.
We really enjoyed reading Piglet and Mama and definitely recommend giving it a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3