Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli

My Bookish Itinerary: Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review


Title: The Watermelon Seed

Author: Greg Pizzoli
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: May 2013
Source: Library Book
With perfect comic pacing, Greg Pizzoli introduces us to one funny crocodile who has one big fear: swallowing a watermelon seed. What will he do when his greatest fear is realized? Will vines sprout out his ears? Will his skin turn pink? This crocodile has a wild imagination that kids will love. With bold color and beautiful sense of design, Greg Pizzoli's picture book debut takes this familiar childhood worry and gives us a true gem in the vein of I Want My Hat Back and Not a Box.



Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: Um. It was okay.

Cutie Pie #2: I love it!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a crocodile eating watermelon.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about him eating watermelon.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I don't have one.

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have one.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one?

Cutie Pie: It was just all okay to me.

Cutie Pie #2: Because I LOVE it all.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I think the crocodile was a bit dramatic. 

Cutie Pie #2: No.  I loved all of it. I love the story and the pictures.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are good.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Little kids. Like under the age of 8.

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2


I picked this one up from the library because my girls love eating watermelon and thought that they would enjoy this book.
Overall, I think The Watermelon Seed is a very cute and funny story. I really enjoyed reading this story to my girls. Though I do think my younger daughter enjoyed the story a lot more than her older sister. She was laughed so much while I was reading it. My older daughter thought the story was a tad over-dramatic. (Which in my opinion is part of the reason the story is so funny!)
Both girls seemed to enjoy the story though. They both laughed. (Cutie Pie #2 was almost hysterical.)

I even ended up reading this book multiple times with her because she loved it so much.

I think The Watermelon Seed is a cute, fun, and very entertaining story that will make you laugh. I definitely recommend checking it out!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3