Monday, January 15, 2018

Goodbye 2017. Hello New Year!

I really can't believe that it is already about the middle of January 2018. I haven't been around the blog and reading community much last year. I could give you a lot of different reasons as to why I wasn't around much, but I won't do that.

But I will update you on parts of my life from these past few months and update you on how I did with my 2017 Reading Challenges.



*2017 was a rough year for me, personally. I had a major reading slump and didn't complete any of reading goals that I had for the year. I didn't complete any of the reading challenges either.  See how I did:





Goal: 12  Books
Read: 5 Books

Books Read:

1. Frostblood (Frostblood Saga #1) by Elly Blake
2. A List of Cages by Robin Roe
3. Seven Days of You by Cecilla Vinesse
4. Geekerella by Ashley Poston
5. The Last Thing You Said by Sara Biren




Goal: 20 Fantasy Books
Read: 3 Books

Books Read:
2. Rat Queens Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe



Goal: 75 Books
Read: 35 Books

My Progress:

1. Shadowland (The Mediator #1) by Meg Cabot
2. Ninth Key (The Mediator #2) by Meg Cabot
3. Reunion (The Mediator #3) by Meg Cabot
5. Haunted (The Mediator #5) by Meg Cabot
6. Twilight (The Mediator #6) by Meg Cabot
7. 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
9. Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers
10. Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
11. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
12. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
13. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
14. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
15. The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright
16. Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
17. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
18. Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae
19. Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan
20. Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
21. Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore Stultz
22. What You Always Wanted by Kristin Rae
23. Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard
24. Rebound by Noelle August
25. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
26. Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
27. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
28. Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally
29. Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
30. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
31. Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
32. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
33. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
34. Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
35. Icing on the Lake by Catherine Clark




  1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
  2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  3. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
  4. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
  5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
  6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  7. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  8. Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
  9. Splintered by A.G. Howard
  10. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
  11. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  12. Shadowland by Meg Cabot
  13. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
  14. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
  15. The Falconer by Elizabeth May
  16. Jacaby by William Ritter
  17. Raging Star by Moira Young

*I also haven't had the chance to look up or sign up for any reading challenges this year. Other than Goodreads. I did make that goal, 75 books for 2018.

*I didn't post or do much in December, reading and blog wise, because I was busy making homemade gifts for family and friends for Christmas. I was also really busy getting ready for my Winter Vacation to the north to visit my family for the holidays.

* I am really glad I was able to take my girls up to see my family. We got to celebrate birthdays. We celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas with family. We got to see and play in snow. My girls got to go sledding for the first time. They got to ice skate for the first time. They also got to see real snow that stuck to the ground for the fist time. We also got to be in freezing temperatures and know what it is like to have to wear several layers just to leave the house. This time with my family was so important to me and I am so happy we had the chance to be there. But while we were there, my family lost someone very close to me. So we also experienced great heartbreak while we were visiting my family. I am grateful that I was able to be there and see him before he passed away. I was able to say goodbye and so were my girls. But, when I planned our vacation, I wasn't thinking it would be the last time I would get to see him and be with him. I take comfort in knowing that he is no longer in pain. But I will miss him for the rest of my days.

*It will probably take me some time to get back into the swing of things, here on my blog. But I do plan to be more active and post more than I did last year.

*And maybe if it isn't too late, I will find some 2018 Reading Challenges to participate in this year.

So goodbye, 2017. It was overall a good year. Some parts were harder than others, but that is a part of life. And hello, 2018. This new year has started off rough, for me, but I am hoping that this year will still be a good one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2018!
Are you signed up for some 2018 Reading Challenges? Which ones are you participating in this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3