Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday #107: Books I Loved But Will Probably Never Re-Read

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in 2010. As of January 2018, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


April 10: Books I Loved but Will Never Re-Read (submitted by Brandyn @ Goingforgoldilocks)

When I LOVE books, I tend to want to eventually re-read them. I actually quite enjoy re-reading. So, it was a bit difficult for me to come up with a list of books I will never re-read. I am even adding a "probably" before that never, because even though as of right now I have no plan on ever re-reading these books, I can't say that it is an absolute. So here are my 10 Books I Loved But Will Probably Never Re-Read. 


1. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: My Rating: 5 stars. This book made me cry so many tears. I was sobbing. It is a very emotional read and is so beautifully written.
2. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson: My Rating: 5 stars. I remember really enjoying reading this book. I even have it marked under my favorite-standalone books on Goodreads. But as of right now, I don't plan to re-read it. 
3. When Reason Breaks by Cindy L. Rodriguez: My Rating: 5 stars. I thought this book was beautifully written. It is an emotional and thought-provoking read. It addresses depression and suicide. It made me cry. I am really glad that I read it, but because it was such an emotional read for me, I probably will not read it again. 
4. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness: My Rating: 5 stars. This is a really good book. This is a another story that made me cry. 
5. A List of Cages by Robin Roe: My Rating: 5 stars. This book broke my heart. It is a very emotional read. It is a very powerful story. It made me cry. I think that this is a very important story and that people should definitely read it. But because this was such an emotional read, it is one that I will probably not read again. 


6. The Devil You Know by Trish Doller: My Rating: 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was captivating and addicting. So much suspense. But now that I know what happens, I probably won't re-read the book. But who knows, maybe one day I will. 
7. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown: My Rating: Between 4.5 and 5 stars, I apparently couldn't decide. Well, I know that I did love reading this book. And it was another emotional read. Which is why I probably won't re-read it. 
8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: My Rating: I actually didn't rate this book, because I am not sure exactly how I feel about it. I read this book very quickly. It was one that I wanted to read before I watched the movie. And I actually didn't know what to expect when I started reading it. It definitely made me cry. A lot. So even if I am not really sure about loving this book, I definitely can say that it was an emotional read for me, and I will probably not ever re-read it. 
9. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: My Rating: 5 stars. So, I LOVED reading this book. It was very addicting and I couldn't put it down. I read it in one day. But it is a thriller. And now that I know the 'who did it', I might not end up picking it back up and re-reading it. (Well, we will see. Because out of all the books listed so far, this is one that is a more likely pick for eventually re-reading.)
10. Divergent by Veronica Roth: My Rating: 5 stars. I loved this book the first time I read it. But I wasn't the biggest fan of how the series ended. Sure, I got it and I accepted it. But it isn't one of those that I now feel like I need to re-read the whole trilogy. So I probably won't ever re-read this one. 

If you haven't noticed a pattern most all of the books I loved but don't plan to ever re-read is because they are emotional books, books that made me cry all the tears. Books that have really stuck with me. What books did you love, but you will never re-read? Have you read any of these books, are they books you would want to re-read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3