Monday, May 7, 2018

From My Notebook #5: Book Review -Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway

Feature at My Bookish Itinerary

When I read I write notes, thoughts, and quotes about the book in a notebook. I sometimes write drafts or full book reviews in my notebooks too. And sometimes I forget to write up a review from those notes. Or sometimes I would forget to type up and/or post those reviews. So From My Notebook will be the notes, thoughts, quotes, or full reviews that I had in one of my notebooks from other the past years that I forgot to share before. 

Title: Emmy & Oliver
Author: Robin Benway
Length: 352 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Classification: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: June 23, 2015
Source: e-book
Read: 2016
Emmy’s best friend, Oliver, reappears after being kidnapped by his father ten years ago. Emmy hopes to pick up their relationship right where it left off. Are they destined to be together? Or has fate irreparably driven them apart?
Emmy just wants to be in charge of her own life.
She wants to stay out late, surf her favorite beach—go anywhere without her parents’ relentless worrying. But Emmy’s parents can’t seem to let her grow up—not since the day Oliver disappeared.
Oliver needs a moment to figure out his heart.
He’d thought, all these years, that his dad was the good guy. He never knew that it was his father who kidnapped him and kept him on the run. Discovering it, and finding himself returned to his old hometown, all at once, has his heart racing and his thoughts swirling.
Emmy and Oliver were going to be best friends forever, or maybe even more, before their futures were ripped apart. In Emmy’s soul, despite the space and time between them, their connection has never been severed. But is their story still written in the stars? Or are their hearts like the pieces of two different puzzles—impossible to fit together?
Readers who love Sarah Dessen will tear through these pages with hearts in throats as Emmy and Oliver struggle to face the messy, confusing consequences of Oliver’s father’s crime. Full of romance, coming-of-age emotion, and heartache, these two equally compelling characters create an unforgettable story.
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million || Book Depository


Emmy & Oliver is the first book that I have read by Robin Benway, but it definitely will not be my last. I absolutely LOVED reading Emmy & Oliver. Definitely my kind of story. So I will have to check out this author's other books. 

Emmy & Oliver is an emotional roller coaster. Seriously, this book gave me all of the feels. One moment I was feeling sad and heartbroken, then I would feel very happy and smiling. Besides the swoony romance, my favorite thing about Emmy & Oliver is the characters!

I LOVE EVERY CHARACTER from this book. Every. Single. One. The relationships are amazing. So wonderfully written and very realistic. The friendship between Emmy, Caro, Drew, and Oliver is one of those incredibly awesome friendships that makes you wish these characters were real and that they were your best friends too. Seriously, this group of friends has made it to my list of favorite bookish friendships. I love these four characters individually and as a group. I adore these characters and their friendships so much. 

I also really love the family dynamic in this book. Each character is dealing with different family situations. And I love how much family is a part of this story. 

My Recommendation:

I loved everything about Emmy & Oliver. I think it is a must read. It is one of my favorite books that I  have read. I love how emotional the book made me feel. And I loved the characters with all of my heart. It is a book that I will definitely reread one day. If you haven't read this book yet, I highly recommend checking it out!

My Rating:


California

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3